Progress reports are a great way to communicate with parents and guardians regarding students’ academic development throughout the year. Schoolrunner is capable of producing highly configurable progress reports so your school can include exactly what it wants. Begin by navigating to "Progress Reports" under the "Academics" menu.
The filters on the left-hand side of the page enable you to display only the data that you really want on your progress reports. You can filter by one or more of the following categories:
- "Scholar Groups" lets you select specific groups of students for which you want to print progress reports; homerooms, custom-made groups for sports teams, behavior groups, etc.
- "Scholars" enables you to select individual students.
- "Course" brings up progress reports for all students in your selected course(s).
- "Section" lets you choose any specific classes you’re interested in.
- "Quarter" (this title may be different, do match your schools terminology for a grading term) lets you choose the quarter or term (depending on your school’s nomenclature) for which you want reports.
- "Courses to Show" defaults to "Use Course Enrollments". This option brings up progress reports for all presently enrolled students and will be used in the majority of situations. Use "Assessment Results" brings up reports for students who are no longer actively enrolled. When using this option, make sure to select the appropriate time period for which the students were enrolled.
Because the above filters can be combined, progress reports can be produced very deliberately. If you want to know how your school’s basketball team is doing in biology, for example, select the team from the "Scholar Groups" menu and choose the relevant biology courses from the "Course" menu.
- "Grading System" lets you choose the type of grading shown on progress reports. "Course Default" displays each course’s default system. It’s possible that this will result in a mixture of standards- and assessment-based grades. Use "Assessments-Based" if you want to see a summary of all homework, test, quizzes, etc. Select "Standards-Based" if you prefer to see a summary of standards/objectives that have been assessed across all types of assessments.
- The "Date" slider allows you to specify a more exact time period than the "Quarter" option further up. Hovering anywhere along the slider brings up a shortcut menu with options such as "Today", "This Week", "Last Week", etc.
- The "Score" and "Points Dropped" sliders allow you to easily highlight assessments or standards that fall within the range you select (and to filter out those that fall outside the range).
- If a curve, overrides, or scales have been used on any assessments on the progress reports, "Show Raw Scores" determines whether or not the raw scores are displayed.
- "Missing Only" refers to which assessments are displayed on progress reports. "Yes" shows only missing assessments, "No" shows none and "All" shows all assessments.
- The "Columns" drop-down menu lets you choose what categories are included per assessment and/or objective. The defaults here are determined in your site settings, but it is still possible to add or remove columns as desired here.
Progress reports render in real time as you adjust these filters. Once you have configured your reports to your liking, use the "Print" button to print them out.
Progress reports are prepared in color by default. This may cause printing problems if you want to print in black-and-white or grayscale. If your school does not want progress reports in color, there is a setting to prepare them in black-and-white. Under the
"Setup" menu, choose "Settings". Under "Slip Settings" category, select "No" on "Print Slips and Progress Reports in Color".