It's a good idea to stay aware of any assessments that are missing large numbers of students. An assessment like this may simply have been created in advance of its administration and may be pending results, which is fine, but others may have been created accidentally or created and then forgotten about, and these may be negatively affecting student grades.
Here are a few things to consider as you audit the number of missing students on assessments:
Is the assessment you're looking at "required"?
- If so, it may count toward student grades.
- If not, missing results won't affect student grades.
Does your school include missing results on "required" assessments in grade calculations?
- This is determined by the "Exclude Missing Scores From Grade" setting, found in the "Academics" category on the Settings page.
- If set to "Yes", students who are missing results won't be detrimentally affected.
- If set to "No", students who are missing results will be affected.