In Schoolrunner, every student has his or her own page that contains a wealth of information: contact details, address, homeroom, enrollment history, grades, cultural records, etc. To navigate to a student page, click a student's name (if a name is in orange, it's a hyperlink; these are all over Schoolrunner) or start typing their name into the Quick Search bar (the magnifying glass at the top of any page) and click the search result.
You can also hover over a student name to generate a pop-up window that gives you a quick overview of that student.
Student pages broadly consist of two sections. The upper section shows student demographic and academic information, and the lower section consists of tabs that contain cultural records. Here's a breakdown of the upper section:
- Student photo – added for each student via the Schoolrunner mobile app or a batch upload. Photos can be re-cropped in the Schoolrunner website by clicking the pencil icon. Contact your Schoolrunner support if you're interested in bulk uploading photos.
- Basic student details – name, homeroom, ethnicity, gender, student ID numbers, and other basic demographic information.
- Home details – address, bus stop, and contact information are generally found here.
- School information – entry and exit dates, corresponding school codes, transfer information, etc.
- Grades chart – a summary of course grades by course and term. Hover over scores to get a breakdown of which assessments and results constitute the course grade.
- Print button – Select different sections of the student page to print.
Note that you may see more or less information on student pages at your school, and different display boxes as well. This information is variable from school to school and depends both on how student data is structured in your SIS and various settings in Schoolrunner itself. Please reach out to your Schoolrunner administrator if you have questions about what is or is not on your student pages.
The lower portion of student pages contain a series of tabs, each of which shows detailed records of (mostly) cultural data. By default, a graph summarizing merits, demerits, and GPA is shown. Click on any of the tabs to view records specific to the student.
- Summary – a graph showing GPA, merits, and demerits over time.
- Behavior – a list of all behaviors the student has been assigned, both active and inactive, starting with the most recent. Use the menu on the left to filter for a specific date range and behavior type(s). Download the report via the link at the top right of the behavior list.
- Slip – a printable, weeklong summary of student behavior and assessment results (depending on how slips are configured on the Settings page). Use the date picker box to determine which week's data is shown in the slip.
- Daily Attendance – a list of attendance records representing overall presence or absence for a whole day. Use the menu on the left to filter for specific attendance types or a specific date range. Use the download icon at the top of the menu to generate a spreadsheet of records.
- Class Attendance – a list of attendance records representing presence or absence in specific class periods. This information is visible on a weekly basis in a grid view, or for the entire year in a list view.
- Incidents – a list of all incidents the student has been involved in. Use the menu on the left to filter for specific incident types, incident consequences, etc. Use the download icon at the top of the menu to generate a spreadsheet of records.
- Communications – a list of all communication records that teachers have logged regarding the student. Use the menu on the left to filter for types of communication, subjects, etc. Use the download icon at the top of the menu to generate a spreadsheet of records.
- Interventions – a list of all interventions the student has been involved in. Use the menu on the left to filter for types of interventions, start dates, etc. Use the download icon at the top of the menu to generate a spreadsheet of records.
- Portal Access – Control access to the Schoolrunner portal for both students and parents/guardians. More here.
- Sections – a list of active and inactive section enrollments (active enrollments are listed first), and which courses those sections are linked to. This also includes start and end dates for enrollments.
- Changes – any significant changes to the student records, such as adjustments to grade levels, attributes, contact details, etc.